Who are we?
As part of the national Canadian Ski Patrol System (CSPS), the Devil’s Glen Patrol is a dedicated and effective team of people with the goal of promoting safety and first aid assistance to the skiing and snowboarding public. We are easily recognizable in our yellow and blue jackets with the distinctive cross in a maple leaf crest on our backs. Our patrol works alongside staff at the Glen every day to safely open and close the hills, response to injuries, as well as providing first aid support at races and special events.
How do I become a patroller?
In order to join the Patrol you must:
- Register or hold current certification with the CSPS
- Be a strong intermediate skier / snowboarder (able to ski / ride all resort terrain
- Excellent team members with strong communications skills
To become a patroller, an individual needs to pass a rigid set of examinations involving on-snow safety, advanced first aid (one of the best courses in Canada), and patrol procedures and programs. Courses are offered in the fall in various locations, including Toronto, Collingwood, London and Barrie. Further information on upcoming courses can be found on-line through the CSPS Central Zone website.
What are the benefits of being a Devil’s Glen Ski Patroller?
As members of the CSPS, you’ll have access to:
- Ski/boarding at any CSPS patrolled resort in Canada
- Training including advanced first-aid, CPR, BLS
- A national not-for-profit organization in which to grow as a volunteer
Through the great relationship our Patrol has with the Club, we receive many additional benefits, including:
- Access to spousal and family memberships at a premier private resort
- Access to enroll family members in snow school programs, racing and day-care
- Reimbursement of CSPS jacket and fees
- Other Club specific discounts
How do I get more information about Patrolling at Devil’s Glen?
To find out more about patrolling at the Glen, please contact Hans Mesker. During the season you can also come by and see us at the Patrol Hut located at the bottom of Cerberus.
Check out the CSPS Central Zone website for all the latest info on upcoming courses and to register.